3 Ground Flax Seed Recipes
It is also good to put into shakes and smoothies you can even add when you prepare your chicken.
Here are 3 ground flax seed recipes.
Ground flax seed recipe # 1 – Bake delicious ground flax seed crackers
A stand-up mixer will make it easy for you to make these ground flax seed crackers, but if you have no mixer you can use an ordinary bowl and simply work the dough manually.
1.) Take out 4 tablespoons of butter or margarine and make it soft.
2.) Place ¼ cup of whole flax seed, ¼ cup of ground flax seed, 1 ½ cup of four (all purpose), ½ teaspoons of salt and ½ teaspoon of baking powder in a stand-up mixer or in your bowl.
3.) Add the softened butter or margarine to mixer or bowl. If you have a mixer, you should use the paddle attachment to mix ingredients until the mix looks similar to a coarse meal. Only mix on low speed. If you use a normal bowl, you will have to mix by hand.
4.) Stir in ½ cup of skim milk. Keep working the mix until it looks like soft dough.
5.) Use plastic wrap to wrap the ground flax seed dough up and leave it to chill for 10 minutes.
6.) Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
7.) Cut the cool ground flax seed dough into four parts.
8.) Turn the ground flax seed quarters out onto a board that you have sprinkled with flour. Roll each quarter into a very thin rectangle. The rectangle should be no thicker than 1/16 inch (2 mm). Cut up snack sized squares. If you create squares with 2 ½ inches (6 cm) long sides, this recipe will be enough for 24 ground flax seed crackers.
9.) Place all the ground flax seed crackers on a baking sheet. The baking sheet should not be greased.
10.) Bake the ground flax seed cracker in the preheated oven until they are crisp and have a golden colour. This will take around 20 minutes.
Ground flax seeds recipe # 2 – Make an energizing ground flax seed smoothie with banana
You need to prepare this smoothie in advance by placing two bananas in the freezer. When they are frozen, you proceed by placing 1 cup of cow milk, soy milk or rice milk in a blender. Add the frozen bananas to the milk together with ½ cup of yoghurt and 1 teaspoon vanilla. (You can also use vanilla yoghurt.) Squeeze a lemon until you have produced around 2 tablespoons of juice and add the juice to the smoothie. Add 2 pitted dates and 2 tablespoons of flax oil and blend everything together until the smoothie is smooth. Add 3 or 4 ice cubes or some crushed ice and blend everything until the mix looks smooth once again. This recipe is enough for 2 cups of flax seed smoothie.
Ground flax seed recipe # 3 – Enjoy a healthy and low-fat ground flax seed chicken meal
* Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
* Place 1 egg in a bowl and beat the egg.
* Add 3 tablespoons of skim milk to the bowl and mix it with the egg.
* Place ½ cup of ground flax seed in a shallow container together with ½ cup of unsalted crackers that you have crushed into fine crumbs.
* Mix the ground flax seed and crackers with 1 teaspoon of black pepper, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of chilli powder, 1 teaspoon of paprika powder, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of dried parsley flakes.
* Skin 2-3 lbs of chicken pieces and rinse them with water before you carefully pat them dry.
* Dip the chicken pieces into the egg mixture and coat them with the ground flax seed mix in the shallow container.
* Grease a baking pan and place the chicken pieces in it. The baking pan should be large enough for the chicken pieces not to touch each other.
* Place in the oven and bake until the chicken is no longer pink. This will take around 45 minutes. You should not move the chicken while its being baked.
* This recipe for ground flax seed chicken is enough for 6 servings, if each serving contains 1-2 pieces of chicken.